Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Liana seriously impresses me.

I'm not quite sure how Liana will react to my posting this. Part of me is a bit hesitant, wrestling with the possibility that I may be stealing her thunder, or perhaps embarrassing her with the exclamatory praises I'm about to heap upon her.

It doesn't matter. I'll take the hit in order to make this known to the world.

Liana is an incredible baker. Well, OK... if you know her, then you probably already know that, but I mean, seriously. Check out the "fougasse" she recently threw together:


Have you ever seen more beautiful bread? And if somehow someone would invent scratch n'sniff - or even better, lick n'taste! (OK maybe not) - computer screens (shout out to Emeril), you would be able to share in the experience of what a perfectly crusty, chewy, delicious product this was.

This particular exemplification of bread-baking technique was Liana's contribution to an utterly fantastic American thanksgiving dinner, hosted by our wonderful friends the Brewers, which you can read further about here, if you're interested. It was a great time!

Everything Liana bakes - savoury or sweet - is incredible. Her creations consistently satisfy all the senses. I truly believe they bring joy to everyone who gets to experience them. I am proud of and repeatedly impressed by her. What a blessing she is to me and others! I pray that God will give her opportunities throughout her life to develop and use the gifts he has given her; to share in the wonder and abundance that comes from his good creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment